Aligned, Dependable, Persistent & Honest
Province of Alberta
Licensed Private Investigators
Detail aligned: It’s important to have a keen eye and be able to evaluate a situation.
Dependable: Clients rely on us to be prepared and organized.
Persistent: When facing obstacles, we work well under pressure.
Honest: We give our clients honesty and ethical investigations and security.
Collect the FACTS - See the TRUTH
"TRUTH, TRUST, INSPIRE, INNOVATE, EMPOWER OTHERS AND RESPECT DIFFERENCES"
OUR CORE VALUES
Client focused, respectful, responsive and accountable to achieve quality results. Dedicated to financial integrity and cost-effectiveness.
Every client will be treated with HONESTY, INTEGRITY, RESPECT and COMMITMENT.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPALS
We connect and provide opportunity for personal growth and development in a professional, inspiring and collective team effort where contributions are recognized. We are committed to being a respected corporate citizen that gives back and contributes to the prosperity of our communities. Working collaboratively, we will forge and expand our diverse business with you.
"GATEWAY INVESTIGATION AGENCY" is a full service private investigation agency, serving INDIVIDUALS, BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, the OIL & NATURAL GAS SECTOR, LEGAL PROFESSIONALS and the INSURANCE INDUSTRY.
We are dedicated to helping people and businesses resolve their problems with absolute discretion, confidentiality and integrity.
The "GATEWAY" team of licensed private investigators is available to provide immediate assistance 24/7 and call on the diverse experiences of our investigators to solve your problem in a timely and cost effective manner.
Each case accepted will be handled with utmost diligence and every "GATEWAY" investigator shall deliver a thorough, relevant report to you the client, with the evidence you require to take the next step.
"GATEWAY" provides an accessible private investigation service to all of Alberta communities.
OUR MISSION AND PRINCIPALS
ENGAGEMENT AND RETAINER AGREEMENT
ENGAGEMENT AND RETAINER AGREEMENT
BETWEEN: Client (the “Client”), an individual or business with his/her main address at: refer to “Investigation Request” form
AND: Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. (the “Principal”), licensed under the laws of the Province of Alberta
1. Name of person or business (hereafter, referred to as the “Client”, does hereby agree to retain the services of Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. (hereafter, referred to as the “Principal”), a private investigation agency, licensed under the laws of the Province of Alberta, which maintains its’ office for performing private investigation services.
2. The “Principal” agrees to use its’ best effort to investigate the matters set forth and perform the services for which it is being retained. The “Principal” makes no result express warranties, assurances or guarantees, with regards to the work that will be completed. Furthermore, the fees payable to the “Principal” by the “Client” pursuant to this agreement is not in any way contingent upon or related to the results of the services performed or the information and details which are developed, during the investigation. The “Client” agrees that the “Principal” shall conduct such investigation, as it deems appropriate by utilizing any LAWFUL means.
3. The “Principal” accepts cases on a retained basis only. Investigation hours, searches and expenses are charged off/against the retainer. All fees must be paid in full prior to commencement of investigations and/or reports released.
4. The “Client” agrees to compensate the “Principal” of the rate quoted per Estimate/Invoice, including per each Investigator; expenses for search fees, hotel, meals, parking, telephone calls, faxes, photocopies, per kilometer rate, photographic development and/or of any other incidental expenses that arise or connect accordingly to the investigation.
5. Concurrently with the execution of this “Engagement and Retainer Agreement”, the “Client” shall pay to the “Principal” a non-refundable retainer in the amount state in the Estimate/Invoice, (exceptions may apply per case). No services shall be performed by the “Principal” until the “Client” has signed the “Investigation Request” form and/or paid the Invoice in full. The “Principal” accepts payment by credit card or bank e-Transfer. We do not accept cash or cheques but may only with exceptional circumstances agreed by the “Principal” and “Client”.
6. All initial investigations are subject to further investigative services if required by the “Client” and agreed to by the “Principal” and the “Client”. Upon further investigations that exceed the amount of the initial retainer and upon the “Client” agreeing to continued investigations; the “Client” agrees to pay for additional investigation fees, including incidental expenses and kilometerage fees.
7. A “Final Report”, when applicable and determined by the “Principal”, will be provided to the “Client” rendered by the “Principal” upon completion of the investigation within five (5) to ten (10) business days, depending on the case length of time and detail, and/or otherwise cause of health, tragedy or circumstantial reason.
8. If the “Client” fails to pay for services rendered and costs incurred, the “Principal” reserves the right to withhold the release of any or all information in which it develops during the investigation(s). The default of payment of any sums due hereunder, the “Client agrees to pay ll costs of collection including but not limited to reasonable lawyer’s fees, court cost, as well as actual costs incurred with collecting such fees or a judgement rendered by a court f competent authority. If it becomes necessary to institute litigation to enforce the terms of this agreement, such litigation shall take place in the Province of Alberta. Interest shall accrue on any monies owed by the “Client” to the “Principal” at the rate of to percent (2%)per month or twenty-four percent (24%) per annum or the maximum amount recoverable by law.
9. The “Principal” reserves the right to stop work of any investigation, at any time, at the sole discretion of the “Principal”.
10. The “Principal” may discontinue work if any promised payment is not made in a timely manner or set date as per invoice deadline, by the “Client”, or does not describe the parameters of the assignment in full, r if the “Client” has misrepresented any material fact(s) concerning the assignment, or if the “Principal” is used in any illegal or harmful activity. Any of these assessments will be made at the sole discretion of the “Principal”. The “Client” will be responsible for all charges up until the work stoppage, and the case will not be eligible for a refund of any retainer balance.
11. The “Principal” reserves the right to determine id there are any prepaid, unused funds that could be eligible for a refund on a legitimate case. If a refund is determined and confirmed, it will be issued within five (5) to ten (1) business days of the investigation completion. Refunds will be issued by “e-Transfer” only to the “Client” email address.
12. Locate/Missing Persons Policy: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – If the missing person (hereafter, referred to as the “Subject”), the “Subject” is located upon the investigations, their personal contact information is protected by the: “Privacy Act of Canada” (PIPA / PIPEDA) and the “Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy” (FOIP) laws. The “Subject’s” information will not be released to the “Client” until the “Subject” has been notified and permits the “Principal” to disclose the information. If the “Subject denies any information to be released, the “Principal” is compelled by law to adhere to the privacy laws. The “Principal” may be permitted to act as an intermediary between the “Subject” and the “Client”, but SOLELY and ONLY if the “Subject” permits. In this case, the “Principal” will serve as an intermediary on the “Client’s” behalf. Private and personal information of the “Subject” developed during the investigation, such as birthdate, address, etc. , will not be released to the “Client” unless the “Subject” permits.
13. If the “Client” terminates this agreement anytime, the “Client” agrees that the retainer shall become non-refundable and the retainer paid shall be forfeited.
14. The “Client” further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold, the “Principal”, and/or its’ contractors, agents and employees harmless from any and/or all course of actions, claims, damages and demands of whatever type arising directly or indirectly from the services.
15. The “Principal” is being retained to perform pursuant to this ENGAGEMENT RETAINER AGREEMENT. This agreement shall be binding upon the “Client’s” heirs, devisees, legatees, administrators, executors, executrixes, successors, and assignees. The agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta. If any portion of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the agreement shall continue to be in full force and effect.
16. All information developed and submitted by the “Principal” and provided to the “Client” or the “Client’s” authorized representative, shall be treated as strictly confidential and not be released or disclosed to any third party without the prior written authorization of the “Principal”. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the services to be provided by the “Principal” pursuant to this agreement. There are no other agreements, express, implied, written, oral or otherwise, except as expressly set forth herein. This agreement may only be modified in writing signed by both parties.
17. In the event, it become necessary for the investigator to testify, to compel evidence in a court of law, the “Principal” shall be compensated by the “Client” or “Client’s” associate, at the currently hourly rate for such time, including actual travel time with a minimum of 2 hours chargeable and all other incidental costs accordingly (meals, hotel, etc.).
CODE OF CONDUCT
SECURITY SERVICES AND INVESTIGATORS (MINISTERIAL) REGULATION 10
(a) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. requires individual licensees to act with honesty and integrity,
(b) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. requires individual licensees to comply with all federal, provincial and municipal laws,
(c) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. requires individual licensees to respect and use all property and equipment in accordance with the terms and conditions of the individual licensee’s licence,
(d) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. requires individual licensees to comply with the terms and conditions of the individual’s licence,
(e) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. requires individual licensees to comply with the business licensee’s code of conduct for individual licensees,
(f) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. prohibits individual licensees from engaging in disorderly or inappropriate conduct,
(g) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. prohibits individual licensees from withholding or suppressing information, complaints or reports about any other licensee,
(h) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. prohibits individual licensees from making or signing false, misleading or inaccurate statements,
(i) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. respects when confidentiality must be maintained,
(j) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. prohibits individual licensees from consuming alcohol while on duty, except in the performance of the individual licensee’s duties,
(k) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. prohibits individual licensees from consuming controlled drugs and controlled substances under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada), and
(l) Gateway Investigation Agency Corp. excepts in the performance of the individual licensee’s duties, prohibiting individual licensees from possessing or consuming alcohol.